Monday, January 7, 2008

Special Slot Construction



These "treekin" models are in the process of being sweet. I used sculpey clay to form a body, which i will cover in green stuff and texture it like bark. I am not sure how well the stick models will mix with the new sculpey models. I guess I will wait and see - I can always add more of one or the other types of models I suppose. The deer will be modeled after the dear that kicks the guys ass in "When Animals Attack". The squirrel will look pretty pissed and possibly funny with the short arms. I wanted the bear to not be attacking, but just growling with a huge mouth. I think i might have gone over the top - but again, we are talking about demonic trees that partly resemble animals, so who knows what that would look like. The stick figure guy to the right was inspired by the Transormer (Bonecrusher - Decepticon [I am gay]) that goes after Optimus Prime with the Scorpion thing.

2 comments:

The Great One said...

jesse, the bottom picture of the scorpian and spider are great. I really like those minis. the top picture is... comical. Don't get me wrong, the sculpting, especially given your experience is great, and far above my level, but if you want funny and campy, which having a squirrel, you might then you are golden. Great sculps and that comes out, but if you want dragon game cool, I think those three miss the boat.

Unknown said...

that squirrel looks like the one in Caddyshack that Bill Murray makes with C-4 then smashes with the fire extinguisher.