Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Testing, 1-2, testing...




Here are some pictures of my initial painting and basing schemes. I am pretty pleased. It isn't perfect, but whatever. The horse is my favorite. When Nietzel was trying to talk me into starting Warhammer years ago, I remember thinking that if I were to paint horses, I would want to try to paint spotted horses, because that is what we had on our farm, and they are sweet. I couldn't believe how well my first attempt turned out.

I couldn't resist trying out a piece of wintery terrain. I made a rocky outcropping. I am using something called 'snow-tex' for the snow. It is super easy. It is what old ladies use for giving pinecones and wreaths the snow effect for christmas. It looks like fine-grade cottage cheese. It pastes on and dries in about an hour. It is very easy to work with, and much less messy than the powder stuff that I started with. Anyone want to buy a big-ass jar of fake snowy powder stuff?

2 comments:

Pc Box said...

As long as I'm kissing your butt I like the snow theme myself--I've always wanted to do it but I'm too lazy. The appaloosa horse also looks amazing (I agree that they are the best looking horses in WH).

Unknown said...

I love the horse. I'm a fan of buckskins myself, but I don't think an elf would be riding a buckskin through the forest.

I'm sure it isn't done yet, but I thought you should add a little to tail and mane. Maybe just a few streaks of contrasting colors would do the trick.